Jager Dakota SAA Single Action Army Revolver
- .357 Magnum caliber
- 7 1/2" barrel marked "Dakota Caliber 357 Magnum"
- Left side of revolver "Salford Imports Culver City Calif"
- 97-98% bluing with slight muzzle wear on high points and ejector housing
- Colt peacemaker clone (they started making these in 1962) These were Italy's first peacemaker clone and a fine quality reputation among Italians
- Top of barrel in engraved border panel "Armi Jager Italy"
- Highly engraved with full coverage on the frame, loading gate, cylinder, grip strap, hammer, trigger guard, ejector rod housing, top of barrel, and around front sight
- Engraving is etched and machine rolled
- Made in 1968
- At the time of production, these cost more than a Colt SAA or Python
- Guns are known to be robust and rendered from modern steel
- Hammer wheel safety
- Frame and cylinder are coin finished
- Known to be quite better than the Sauer clones
- Steel receiver & brass trigger & grip guard
- European hardwood grips with a olive wood appearance have some dings and handling marks, otherwise no checks or splits with a semi gloss finish
- Brass grip strap has nice mustard patina
- Blade front sight
- Italian Gardone proofmarks on right hand side of barrel near frame "Gardone House," "PSF," and "XX8"
- Bottom of frame is stamped "PSF" (smokeless proofmarks)
- German/Italian firearm manufacture Adler Jaeger made
- Located in Loana Italy
- Manufacturing since the early 1950s through the 1990s
- Bore is good with good lands and grooves
- Cylinder has drag line from being fired, but in very good condition
- Cylinder locks up tight and all aspects function very well
- Indexes well with 4 distinct clicks
- The engraved revolvers were very limited in production numbers
- A very neat single action revolver that would fit into anyone's collection very well
- Serial number 33913XX
We also list our items on Gunsinternational.com. You can view this listing
along with additional HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES by clicking